CELF Forum, Tamagawa U.:
Center for English as a Lingua Franca Forum: Language teaching in the Asian context
Date: Saturday, March 7th, 2015 Time: 1:30 PM - 3:15 PM
Speaker: Featuring Damian J. Rivers (Future University Hakodate) and Glenn Toh (Tamagawa University)
Presentations: (all presentations are in English)
- Speakerhood status, institutional discourse and voices from the inside: An exploration of the native-speaker criterion and native-speakerism in Japanese higher education
Dr. Damian J. Rivers
- Doing justice to the English as a lingua franca paradigm
Dr. Glenn Toh
- Developing intercultural sensitivity in an ELF program through digital pen pal exchange
- Using streaming video in the classroom: The evolution of feature films as an effective tool for learning English
- Tools for classroom management and beyond
- Devising an effective methodology for measuring the benefit of L2 subtitled extensive watching on learner motivation, autonomy and skill development
Thomas C. Saunders
- Understanding you, understanding me: English as a lingua franca and the use of small group presentations to focus on listening and interactive note taking
Please RSVP by March 4th to email@example.com
Organization: Center for English as a Lingua Franca Forum at Tamagawa University (CELF Forum, Tamagawa U.)
Venue: Tamagawa University, Building 5, 6-1-1 Tamagawagakuen, Machida, Tokyo (5 mins from Tamagawagakuenmae station, north exit)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact CELF Forum, Tamagawa U.
Email QR Code: