West Tokyo JALT:
JALT West Tokyo Spring BBQ
Date: Sunday, April 26th, 2015 Time: 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Marc Helgesen, Marcus Benevides
As well as food, drink and great company, the JALT BBQ will include two ELT presentations before the main BBQ:
- A task-based learning taster
Marcos Benevides (1:05 pm)
Task-based learning is a communicative approach where students focus on authentic goals -- writing letters, planning parties, etc. -- in order to use language appropriately. Sample the basics in this short session!
- Power Poses (and positive self-talk)
Marc Helgesen (1:15pm)
Power Poses, based on Harvard's Amy Cuddy's popular TED talk, combines grammar-focused student-to-student TPR with "linguistic self distancing" self-talk which avoids the ironic negatives sometimes related to "positive affirmations". The handout just might be your Monday lesson plan!
The attendance limit is 150 people on a first come, first served basis. For full information, and to book your place please sign up here.
Organization: West Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (West Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: Park entrance fee (410 yen adults, 80 yen children under 15)
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Tachikawa Showa Kinen Park (BBQ Area), Tachikawa-City, Tokyo (8-10 minute walk from Nishi-Tachikawa Gate)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact West Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: