(1) Grading the Activity Not the Material; (2) Get Them to Ask You: Making Self-Intro Lessons More Student-Centred
Date: Saturday, July 18th, 2015 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Mark Kulek (Gifu Kids); (2) Steven Charles (ALT, Gifu)
There will be two short presentations.
1) Grading the Activity Not the Material
Mark Kulek (Gifu Kids)
Conversation schools teach a wide range of age groups with a wide range of English abilities. For consistency, classroom management and ease, the participants will see the importance of utilizing the same materials no matter age and ability level. Mark will demonstrate how sequencing activities helps both students and teachers.
2) Get Them to Ask You: Making Self-Intro Lessons More Student-Centred
Steven Charles (ALT, Gifu)
The self-introduction lesson is a standard part of every ALTís experience, yet they often have unreasonably high teacher talk with little to no chance for the students to participate. Steven presents several activities he has developed or modified to reverse the ratio of talk time so that a self-introduction can become far more student-centered.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (first time free)
Venue: new venue: Gifu Station Juroku Plaza, 4F Room 2
Location: Gifu City, Gifu Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: