JACET ESP SIG Kanto:
Developing a Reading Comprehension Course in ICT Using Authentic Materials
Date: Saturday, June 27th, 2015 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Michihiro Hirai (Kanagawa University) and Tsuyoshi Watanabe (Kanagawa University)
Meeting and Presentation While content-language integrated learning (CLIL) is drawing growing attention these days, it is still faced with a number of challenges before establishing a solid foothold in college education in Japan, including the lack of suitable teaching materials and the scarcity of teachers qualified both in field knowledge and in language teaching. The authors have developed a new CLIL course in ICT, drawing on their dual experience as computer designers and college teachers.
Organization: JACET English for Specific Purposes SIG (Japan Association of College English Teachers) Kanto (JACET ESP SIG Kanto)
Venue: University of Electro-Communications (UEC Tokyo), Building East 1, Room 705 (UEC Tokyo, 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo, 182-8585; map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact JACET ESP SIG Kanto
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: