EFL Arena Online Workshop
Date: Sunday, June 28th, 2015 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Various facilitated by Yuco Kikuchi
Themes: CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) for Young Learners, Motivating Preteens With Social Studies in English Teaching Reading and Writing to Young Learners in Japan Content: English programs have been implemented in public primary schools in Japan. Many children seem to benefit from the programs and have basic vocabularies and some conversation skills. However those who teach children outside school settings might wonder how they can help children who learn basic English language at school. Those teachers can help children deepen the knowledge acquired at school and give opportunities to express children's feelings, thoughts and daily lives which is often difficult to do in a large class. One of the ways is CLIL approach and to develop literacy skills. In this workshop we discuss the effective and fun ways, review materials and experience the activities to enforce the language skills and gain knowledge of social studies. Both Japanese and English languages will be used in this workshop. Please pre-register by sending e-mail to Yuco Kikuchi stating either to attend or participate online.
Organization: EFL Arena
Cost: EFL Arena Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: 3rd floor, Shin-Koiwa Chiku Center Five-min. walk from Shin-Koiwa station on the Sobu Line Address: 2-17-1 Shin-Koiwa, Katsushika-ku Phone: 03-3653-7141
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact EFL Arena
Email QR Code: