The Blue Marble: Learning insights about culture through non-verbal communication
Date: Saturday, April 27th, 2002 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Tim Gutierrez, Kure City Board of Education
This presentation is best described by two quotes from the instructions:
"During this exercise, you will participate in a safe and fun simulation. Then we will, as a group, have an opportunity to describe what happened, analyze what happened, and then apply what we learned to our tasks of teaching or learning English as a foreign language."
"Your objective is to get the Blue Marble. There are a limited number of them, so not everyone will get one. You will have to be clever to accomplish the task and only those who communicate successfully will access the Blue Marble. This is not a teamwork exercise, but the clever ones will find ways to involve others."
Please come and discover what "The Blue Marble" can teach you about learning the differences between cultures.
Organization: Kumamoto Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kumamoto JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Kumamoto-shi Shimin-kaikan (2F, Conference room 9)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kumamoto JALT