iPads and iBooks: Adding to the EFL Classroom
Date: Sunday, May 15th, 2016 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Tamara Swenson (Osaka Jogakuin Daigaku)
All new technology changes the dynamics of the classroom and learning environment. The digital revolution, particularly the increase in tablet computers, has brought its own challenges. This presentation will give an overview of the use of iPads and iBooks since their introduction in 2012 at Osaka Jogakuin University, the first school in Japan where every student was provided an iPad. The problems that arose in making the transition from printed to digital language learning materials and the solutions that were found will be covered, with emphasis on those that should help others create materials appropriate to their learners. The presenter will discuss issues in EFL materials creation that allow teachers to take advantage of the features available on iPads, with much of this advice applicable to any platform. General advice will also be provided appropriate to any tablet computer platform.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: International Conference Center Hiroshima (Peace Park)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: