Motivation Levels and Learning Preferences of Second Year English Conversation Students
Date: Sunday, April 28th, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Mitchell Clark, Miyagi Gakuin
The focus is a study of English Department students at Miyagi Gakuin Women's College. A questionnaire was used to investigate the background of students, current English study patterns, reasons for studying English and plans for future usage of the target language. I will outline previous research about motivation and language learning, especially in Japanese EFL contexts. Participants will receive a detailed handout and discuss their own experiences related to this topic.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free (also free for TALE members; TALE is Tohoku Association of Language Educators)
Non-members: 1000 yen (for non-JALT and non-TALE members)
Venue: Ichibancho Shimin Center (behind Maruzen)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: