English Project classes and the Global Goals
Date: Saturday, June 18th, 2016 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Brent Simmonds (Aichi Gakuin University)
Teachers at Aichi Gakuin University have been providing an elective courses connected to “The UN Millennium Development Goals” and “The Sustainable Development Goals” since 2014. In the first part of the presentation, the presenter will outline English Project Courses that are available to the students, and introduce the Global Goals. The presentation will examine some of the difficulties encountered in teacher collaboration and show the wide variety of resources that are available. In the second part the audience will be invited to develop two lessons that have been used in the 2016 spring semester. If the participants are agreeable the lesson plans will be posted on the JALT Gifu Facebook page.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (first time free)
Venue: JR Gifu Station, Heartful Square Room 50
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: