2017 December JALT Meeting + Bonenkai
Date: Saturday, December 16th, 2017 Time: 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Ready for Monday Activities; Quiz Game; Annual General Meeting
EVENT 1: "Ready for Monday" Activities
(vacancies still open; see below)
This will be poster-session style, with several concurrent mini-presentations around the room. Presenters can share concrete activities (or entire lessons). Presenters should have handouts or links to info that will allow attendees to use the new activities in upcoming classes (on Monday, even). Activities can be from any part of a lesson or an entire set of activities representing a complete lesson. Moreover, they can be of a commonly used theme in textbooks or perhaps a holiday theme. They should represent something relevant to teaching in an EFL context.
We are still seeking participants for this event, so anyone who is interested in participating please contact Jason Lowes or Caleb Prichardto get more information and be added as a presenter.
EVENT 2: Okayama JALT Jeopardy Quiz Game
Just like it sounds - a quiz about things Okayama, things JALT, and things Language Teaching.
EVENT 3. Okayama JALT Annual General Meeting (AGM)
We will have a brief meeting to go over what was achieved in 2017 and what we hope to achieve in 2018. We will introduce the Okayama Chapter Officers. Anyone present can share thoughts on the chapter and chapter events (both past and future).
- What is it? A nomihodai affair: 3500 yen (2000/food + 1500/drinks of all kinds); food is a course menu
- Where is it? Toriaezu Gohei
- When is it? 16 December from 18:00-20:00 Is it RSVP? Yes! To Jason Lowes by 13 Dec. (Wed.)
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University, Room 630ND (3rd floor Tower Building, #2)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: