Classes for Low Level Learners: Management Techniques and Classroom Methods
Date: Sunday, November 11th, 2018 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Asako Kajiura (Niigata University of Rehabilitation)
The presenter will introduce class management techniques and teaching methods for extremely low-performing college students. The techniques and methods are based on her seven-year-experience with teaching reading and writing to students who have learning disorders, various developmental disorders, and/or low self-esteem. Instead of using a designated textbook, the presenter utilizes graded readers that students choose. Each student proceeds at her or his own level. The reader becomes the source of grammar skills and writing development. The class also teaches students to be punctual, to type, and to meet deadlines. Such lessons are necessary for their successful inclusion into the university environment. Attendees will leave with a better understanding of how to provide individualized instruction to students who are struggling with both English and college life.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Institute of Technology, Ichi-go kan 3F, Rm133 460-1 Kamisadorimachi, Maebashi, Gunma 371-0816
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: