Tokyo JALT Member Presentation Showcase
Date: Thursday, December 6th, 2018 Time: 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Momoko Nakamura (Kanto Gakuin University), Michael Ellis (International Christian University High School), Liz Shek-Noble (New York University School for Professional Studies)
Our Member Presentation Showcase will feature Professor Momoko Nakamura (Kanto Gakuin University). Professor Nakamura is the author of Gender, Language and Ideology: A Genealogy of Japanese Women's Language (2014) and one of the plenary speakers at the JALT 2018 International Conference. Professor Nakamura will give a talk on how Japanese translation practices construct non-Japanese femininities and masculinities.
The Showcase will also include 2-3 presentations by members of the Tokyo JALT community on topics related to their current teaching and/or research. We are no longer accepting applications for the 2018 Showcase, but are accepting applications for the 2019 Showcase. Interested parties are encouraged to visit our Member Presentation page and to apply today!
Organization: Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Rikkyo University Ikebukuro Campus Building 14 and Room D301 3-34-1 Nishi-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo Japan 171-8501
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: