Non-Teaching Made Easy
Date: Sunday, October 6th, 2002 Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Chris Hunt, Wise Hat
"Less is more" is a very famous expression. But the inverse, "More is less," is probably more applicable for the effective teaching of children. The more we teach, the less children will learn. Conversely, children can learn naturally and energetically once we learn to stop teaching them. This workshop examines some ways of non-teaching. As George Bernard Shaw once quipped, "He who can does, he who can't teaches". So come and learn how to stop teaching and start being.
Organization: Niigata Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Niigata JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen, students 500 yen
Venue: Niigata International Friendship Center
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Niigata JALT
Email QR Code: