On the Go: Addressing Motivation through Travel English
Date: Sunday, October 13th, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Jonah Glick, Longman ELT, Pearson Education Japan
Motivation is crucial for successful learning. What techniques should we employ to encourage motivation and maximize learning? Two ways are to ensure learners talk about what interests them and to teach language for specific real-world functions. We can teach travel English to enable learners to accomplish specific functions that the learners perceive as relevant to their own lives, and we can encourage learners to think about the language and discover for themselves.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Gino Bunka Kaikan (near JR Kannai Station and Isezaki Chojamachi Yokohama Subway Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: