Two Presentations: Teaching Children & Motivation
Date: Saturday, November 9th, 2002 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Katherine MacKay and Paul Rosengrave, Pearson Education Japan, Longman ELT
- Addressing Relevance and Motivation
Motivation is crucial for successful learning. What techniques should we employ to encourage motivation and maximize learning? Two ways are:
- to ensure learners talk about what interests them, and
- to teach language for specific real-world functions.
- A World of Resources for Teachers of Children
As English teachers of children we all experience the fun of teaching young and very young learners but we also know the challenges of creating and keeping motivation and interest. In this workshop we will explore the current teaching approaches of teaching children through discovery of language, multi-sensory involvement and multi-learning styles. We will uncover how we can inspire and transport our children into a magical realm of storybooks and games, transforming words and dialogues into songs, rhymes, chants, helping our young learners master the art of remembering English.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: free (Sponsored by Longman ELT)
Venue: Aso Foreign Language & Travel College, Bldg 5, 1-14-17 Hakataekiminami, Hakata-ku Fukuoka-shi (10 minutes from Hakata Station, map on web site)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: