Story-telling Activities in the Young Learner Classroom
Date: Monday, November 18th, 2002 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Jane Willis, Aston University (UK)
To learn English, children need lots of experience of English in use. Teacher talk is excellent exposure to English, but teachers need to feel confident in using it and know how to make it comprehensible. This workshop will illustrate ways that teachers can use English in their classes to help children have fun learning English naturally. We shall hear recordings of teachers doing story-telling activities in their classes, examine the language they use, and look at how teachers can make story-reading both interactive and engaging. Please bring stories and story books you might use with your classes. Jane Willis is the author of Teaching English through English (Longman) and co-author of English For Primary Teachers: a handbook of activities and classroom language (Oxford) among other texts and activities. Her tour in Japan has been made possible by the generous support of the British Council.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu International Conference Center, room 31 (a short walk from Kokura Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: