Teachers College Alumni Perspectives on Peace Education
Date: Saturday, May 31st, 2003 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Kozue Akibayashi, Institute for Gender Studies, Ochanomizu University; Kathy Matsui, Director, Center for the Global Campaign for Peace Education in Japan at Seisen University
What is Peace Education? What is the underlying methodology? How can it be integrated into classroom practice? To offer some ideas about these issues a panel of Teachers College Peace Education graduates will present on their experiences at The Peace Education Center in New York and at the International Institute for Peace Education. The panelists will look at how peace education has effected their teaching and can be seen as a critique of some traditional educational practices. The panelists will also speak about other international experiences that have developed out of their studies in the field, and their most significant personal learnings. The discussion will conclude with questions and an overview of the new Peace Education Certificate program at Teachers College, Tokyo.
Organization: Teachers College Columbia University Japan (TC Columbia)
Cost: free (but please pre-register)
Venue: Teacher's College, Columbia University Japan, Mitsui Seimei Bldg. 4F, 2-21-2 Misaki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo (1 min. walk from the JR Suido-bashi Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact TC Columbia
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3221-9771