ELT Materials Use & Design: Problems & Resolutions
Date: Sunday, January 12th, 2003 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Kenneth Biegel
This presentation will address some difficulties teachers often face in course design, while trying to find appropriate materials to use in the EFL classroom. Several suggestions will be offered as ways to solve these problems in the many & various teaching environments the presenter has encountered in 19 years teaching in Japan. Then he will focus on how to utilize published materials, or design appropriate materials for specific situations. Finally, the presenter will introduce his own attempt to design appropriate materials for the non-intensive nature of most Japanese university classes, and how this resulted in his writing the McGraw-Hill series, What About You?
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Ginou Bunka Kaikan near JR Kannai & Yokohama Subway Isezakichojamachi
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: