The Communicative Classroom: Practical Basics
Date: Sunday, March 23rd, 2003 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Harry E. Creagen
This presentation is aimed at teachers of all levels interested in the communicative approach. The material is specifically for first-year tertiary level students who are false beginners. However, the general concepts can be applied to all levels of EFL learners, from children through to adults. Participants will be able to experience the communicative approach hands-on, as if they were students in a demonstration class. A series of interconnected, student-centered activities will be offered, with the addition of the rationale, concepts and theory behind each activity. These activities will help students to learn: the different expectations of the communicative classroom, the difference between communicative and traditional classrooms, and to assume more responsibility for their own learning. Time for discussion and questions will be provided.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: HIS (Hokkaido International School) 1-55 5-jo 19-chome, Hiragishi Toyohira-ku, Sapporo (near Sumikawa Subway Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code: