English Through Art
Date: Saturday, March 8th, 2003 Time: 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Jill Christopher, The New International School
This seminar will present an approach to ESL/EFL using various art forms (poetry, model-making, painting and drama). By allowing and encouraging relaxation through Art, the creative side of the student can be tapped. This workshop will demonstrate how structures and grammar can be taught using Art. Research has shown that music helps memory in language learning. It appears that art in different forms has the same effect. Examples of projects which have been successful will be shown. Ideas for using art with a large class will also be explored and participants are encouraged to bring their own successes and ideas to the group. This hands-on experience will pay particular attention to using poetry as a tool for teaching English.
Note:Please make a reservation for attendance: email@example.com
Organization: Teachers College Columbia University Japan (TC Columbia)
Cost: free (but please pre-register)
Venue: Teacher's College, Columbia University Japan, Mitsui Seimei Bldg. 4F, 2-21-2 Misaki-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact TC Columbia
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3221-9771