Two Presentations: 1) Teacher Development, 2) Vocabulary Acquisition
Date: Sunday, March 9th, 2003 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: 1) Stuart Ruttan, and 2) Tomoko Nakamura
First, Stuart Ruttan of Hiroshima Jogakuin University will speak on "Reflectivity and Reflexivity in Developing Teacher's Practices." Principally, he will answer the question: What does teacher development mean to me in my workplace? Next, Tomoko Nakamura of Hiroshima International University will speak on "L2 Lexical Processing: A Prerequisite for Language Learner's development." She will report the results of a cognitive processing experiment done on both ninth graders and adults.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: International Conference Center 3F, Seminar Room 3, Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: