Games and Materials for Young Learners
Date: Sunday, December 7th, 2003 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Helene J. Uchida, Little America Schools/LATEM, Fukuoka
Action-filled games are the vehicles by which English comes alive for young learners. British and American standards, especially adapted for Japanese, initiate and motivate students to think, listen, speak, participate and interact in English. Most students initially think winning is the goal, but the teacher knows those who participate are the real winners. All activities contain a systematic approach where everyone experiences success with English. The target for these games and activities are young learners, but the principles can also be applied to junior high and high school English lessons.
Helene J. Uchida is the founder of Little America English Schools and the LATEM series, lectures on early English education at Fukuoka University of Education and Temple University, writes for The Daily Yomiuri and eltnews.com, and is the author of The Challenge Book Series.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Kotsu Sangyou Centre, Nagasaki Bus Terminal Building, 4F, Volunteer Center
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: