The English Fair
Date: Sunday, February 22nd, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:45 PM
Speaker: Naoki Fujimoto, Danny Majdanac and Fred Carruth
The English Fair is a unique opportunity to participate in three workshops on the theme of large class methodologies and motivation.
- Naoki Fujimoto will give some ideas on the use of Total Physical Response with elementary school level students, focusing on how physical movement is important in story-telling and songs.
- Danny Madjanac will show how High School students can be motivated through individual and group work in short and long-term activities in the form of journal keeping, competitions and the creaton of student biographies.
- Fred Carruth will address the theme of motivation in large college/university classes. His workshop will look at the role of teacher talk, techniques to encourage active learning, teaching pace, monitoring, the use of Japanese and the issue of keeping lower and higher level students continually engaged in the learning process.
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Okaya, ILF, 3rd floor, Rooms 1, 2 and 7
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code: