Japan Association for Asian Englishes:
14th National Conference of the Japanese Association for Asian Englishes
Date: Saturday, December 6th, 2003 Time: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: various speakers
- 9:30 Registration
- 10:00 Opening Ceremony: TSUDA Sanae (Tokai Gakuen University)
Greetings: YOSHIKAWA Hiroshi (Chukyo University), SAKAI Sanzo (Chukyo University), HONNA Nobuyuki (Aoyama Gakuin University).
- 10:10-11:40 Keynote Speaker: Mr. Larry SMITH
"Exploring New Dimensions in Asian Englishes"
- 11:40-12:00 General Meeting
- 12:00-13:30 Lunch Break
- 13:30-16:00 Paper Presentations Chair: HASHIUCHI Takeshi (St. Andrew's University)
- "Does receptive English teaching motivate learners'attitudes towards international communication? Ideologies in governmental curriculum guidelines" SHIBATA Ayako (Goldsmiths College, University of London)
- "Japanese university students'beliefs about English pronunciation: as a starting point to raise their awareness of English as an international language" ODA Setsuko (International University of Health and Welware)
- "Raising University Students' Awareness of Varieties in English: Learning by Teaching" Alan THOMPSON (Nagoya University of Commerce)
- "A Survey of Artificially Simplified Englishes: Implications for Engilsh as an International Language" Judy YONEOKA (Kumamoto Gakuen University)
- "Unveiling the Chineseness In College English Textbooks in China" Jie SHI (University of Electro-Communications), FUJII Takeshi (Jikei Medical University)
- 16:00-16:15 Coffee Break
- 16:15-17:45 Symposium: English as an Asian Language and Japanese Contributions
- Moderator: TAJIMA Hiroko Tina (Shirayuri College)
- HONNA Nobuyuki (Aoyama Gakuin University)
- TAKESHITA Yuko (Toyo Eiwa Women's University)
- AIKAWA Masao (Wakayama Shin'ai Women's Junior College)
- ENOKIZONO Tetsuya (Akita Prefectural University).
- 18:00 Closing Ceremony: YANO Yasukata (Waseda University)
- 18:30 Reception
Organization: Japan Association for Asian Englishes
Cost: JAFAE Members: 1,000 yen
Non-members: 1,500 yen
Venue: Chukyo University (101-2 Yagoto Honmachi, Showa-ku, Nagoya)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Japan Association for Asian Englishes
Email QR Code: