Effective Groupwork Guidelines
Date: Sunday, January 18th, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Christopher Jon Poel & Robert M. Homan
Many of today's textbooks include directions telling students to "work in groups." But students are more often than not ill-prepared for doing any kind of meaningful groupwork. In this presentation, we will describe a set of cooperative-learning materials that have been used to train university students of various levels to work effectively in groups.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Yokohama Women's Forum in Totsuka accessible by JR Tokaido Line or Yokosuka Line or Yokohama Subway (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: