Date: Saturday, March 13th, 2004 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Theo Steckler of Dramaworks
Theo Steckler, president and founder of DramaWorks, producer of PopStars, and co-author of Star Taxi and Wonder Kids, will present a workshop for language teachers at the elementary school, junior high, high school and university levels. He'll demonstrate DramaWorks' unique method of providing first rate communicative language training using performance art as a basis for instruction in speech, gesture, eye contact, action, pronunciation, and fluency, leading to an overall performance that is polished, confident, and charming.
Participants will stage and perform three scenes in English: "The Look" from Star Taxi, and "New Kid" & "Ghost House" from Wonder Kids. Authentic language and characters will be introduced in fun-filled stories replete with songs, rap, and street dance.
Steckler has devoted over thirty years to the arts and the education and training of young actors. For the Los Angeles school system he created a special program for high school students working professionally in television, film, and theater. In Denver, Colorado, in addition to directing his own interior design business, he created the speech and theater curriculum for an international school based on the Waldorf system, an extremely high quality education for children through art. Steckler has also directed several community opera productions with international artists featuring children.
In addition to directing DramaWorks and doing occasional interior design work, Steckler currently teaches at Kyoto University of Art and Design, Tezukayama University, and Osaka Gakuin University.
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Osaka City Municipal Lifelong Learning Center, on the fifth floor of Umeda's Dai-2 Building. Tel: 06-6345-5000. www.manabi.city.osaka.jp
Location: Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: