Talks in English: "Violence against Women - Raising Awareness and Resistance"
Date: Wednesday, March 17th, 2004 Time: 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Natsuko Utsumi, Dr. Tin Tin Htun (Temple University)
Natsuko Utsumi, a journalist who has studied and written extensively about violence against women, will talk about domestic violence in Japan, female genital mutilation, and rape as a weapon of war.
Dr. Tin Tin Htun, PhD, an instructor/adjunct professor at Temple University, will talk about trafficking in Burma and how she has incorporated this subject into her teaching in Japan.
These two talks are related to Amnesty International's week-long art exhibition (March 16 - 22) "Stop Violence Against Women". For more information in English and a map to gallery: www.amnesty.or.jp/campaign/aiartexhibition_e.html
Organization: Amnesty International Japan (Amnesty International)
Venue: Moto Azabu Gallery, Moto Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo (03 3796 5511).
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Amnesty International
Phone (home): 03-3709-7051