Learning through Images & Actions
Date: Sunday, March 14th, 2004 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:15 PM
Speaker: Paul Shimizu, Intercom Press
Paul Shimizu will do a presentation using only images and actions. There will be no reading. The focus of the presentation is response before production. The presenter will take the participants through a variety of activities which elicit immediate non-verbal response from the students (OPR-Only Physical Response). These activities elicit more than just imperative language. The presenter will then, using the same images, take the participants through a variety of student-centered group activities with the emphasis on verbal production. Paul Shimizu has been teaching and developing educational materials for more than 30 years, 15 of them in Japan. His students have ranged from kindergarten to university and beyond.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: free this month
Venue: Shinonome High School Kinenkan 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211