Japan ASCD Spring Conference 2004 (Day 1 of 3)
Date: Friday, March 5th, 2004 Time: 7:45 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Jo Gusman; Don Campbell, Kip Cates, Nancy J. Johnson, Jim Moulton, Spence Rogers
Educators in all fields are invited to the annual Japan ASCD Spring Conference. This year's theme, Energizing Learning presents six speakers to provide a variety of professional development opportunities:
- Jo Gusman: Diverse Brains, Diverse Learners: Understanding the Complex World of your ESL students;
- Don Campbell: The Power of Music in Education: Exploring the Ear, the Brain and the Body through Sound;
- Kip Cates: Global Education: Teaching for a Better World;
- Nancy J. Johnson: Literature Circles: Active Reading/Engaged Readers;
- Jim Moulton: Beyond Could, Past Should, to Must: the Role of Digital Technology & Project-Based Learning in a Student-Centered Classroom;
- Spence Rogers: Using Assessment to Increase Motivation and Learning
Organization: Japan Affiliate of the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (Japan ASCD)
Cost: Japan ASCD Members: U.S. $225 or 28,125 yen for all 3 days; Sunday only: U.S. $100 or 12,500 yen (register on-line)
Non-members: U.S. $275 or 34,375 yen for all 3 days; Sunday only: U.S. $100 or 12,500 yen (register on-line)
Venue: The New Sanno Hotel, 4-12-20, Minami-Azabu, Minato-ku Tokyo (Tel: 03-3440-7871); The International School of the Sacred Heart, 4-3-1 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku Tokyo (Tel: 03-3400-3951)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Japan ASCD
Email QR Code: