Nellie's Group, Ltd.:
Nellie's Seminar Series 2004: Seminar 3
Date: Saturday, March 13th, 2004 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Ivan Sorrentino (Cambridge University Press), Colin Malaney (Saxoncourt), Keiko Imura (Matsuka Phonics Institute)
The third seminar in Nellie's Seminar Series 2004 will feature three presentations as follows:
- Time: 13:00 – 13:50 Colorful language tasks for young learners (Ivan Sorrentino, Cambridge University Press)
Target: Teachers of Children aged 6-11
Content: American English Primary Colors is a new course for young learners. Written by established experts in the field, the course not only introduces children to English though fun games and activities but also encourages children to think about the world around them. This makes language learning a meaningful and memorable cultural experience.
- Time: 15:40 – 16:30 3, 2, 1 Lift Off! Reading and Writing Activities That Work (Colin Malaney, Saxoncourt ELT)
Target: Primary School Teachers
Content: This seminar focuses on practicing reading and writing in the primary classroom using Lift Off. Lift Off is a three-level course that develops English ability through the four skills. Each unit of Lift Off includes simple reading and writing activities. Colin will present interesting ways to use and adapt some of these for your classroom.
- Time: 14:20 – 15:10 Activities and Teacher Talk (Keiko Imura, Matsuka Phonics Institue)
Target: For teachers who are starting or already using phonics text books.
Content: Keiko will present a variety of activities based on phonics rules, and will also introduce efficient 'teacher talk' that can be used during the lesson.
Organization: Nellie's Group, Ltd.
Cost: free; make a reservation
Venue: Sunbridge Bldg. 1F, 1-26-6 Yanagibashi, Taito-ku, Tokyo (3 min. from Asakusabashi Stn. on JR Sobu Line, Toei Asakusa Line)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nellie's Group, Ltd.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3865-6213