Teaching Reading in Language Education
Date: Saturday, March 27th, 2004 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Steven Donald, Nagasaki Junshin University
Oxford University Press (OUP) will bring Steven Donald (Nagasaki Junshin University) to talk about reading instruction in English education. There will be local presenters' speeches as well: Steve Davies will speak about reading instruction at Miyazaki International College; Hugh Nicoll, extensive reading at Miyazaki Municipal University (MMU); and Scott Bingham, intensive reading at MMU. Graded readers published by OUP and ideas on how to make use of them will be shared. We hope this meeting can provide you with useful information you can apply in your English language teaching.
Organization: Miyazaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Miyazaki JALT)
Venue: Miyazaki Municipal University, Cafe Camellia
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Miyazaki JALT
Email QR Code: