Measuring School Achievement as Part of the Development of the Educational System of the Philippines in the 21st Century
Date: Sunday, November 18th, 2001 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Raul C. Laborte, Emilio Ramos National High School, Davao City, the Philippines
Laborte will share his experiences teaching English at a high school in the Philippines. His students range from twelve to sixteen. The motivation to learn English is to improve one's chances of gaining employment. Raul C. Laborte is the Asian Scholar for the Four Corners Tour 2001. The Four Corners Tours are opportunities for JALT National Conference speakers to visit local JALT chapters throughout the country. Sponsorship assistance for the Asian Scholar Tour is provided by Tuttle Publishing, LIOJ and the Foreign Buyers' Club .
Organization: Miyazaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Miyazaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: room 2-301 at Miyazaki International College
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Miyazaki JALT
Email QR Code: