Activities for Young Learners of English - Listening, Thinking and Learning
Date: Sunday, September 18th, 2005 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Hideki Sakai, Shinshu University
Hideki Sakai shows how to make learning English more effective among young learners by engaging them in meaningful activitites. These activities should be arranged so that students become aware of the meanings of English while performing a practical task. During this presentation, Sakai illustrates how learning English can become thought-provoking and stimulating, in contrast to the mechanical and boring style many young students are used to. This session will be one in which the audience can practice the recommended activities themselves.
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Monzen Plaza (inside the former Daiei Department Store 3 Floor), Chuo-dori, about 10 mins from the station
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: