On 'Communicative' in Communicative Language Teaching
Date: Sunday, September 11th, 2005 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Jim Smiley
This presentation will focus on the ever-evolving term of communicative and look at how this ambiguous term has recently taken on a new meaning in terms of language learning. This re-introduction will be followed by a chance for teachers to view the term in relation to what it means to them, how it affects their teaching methodology, and subsequently apply this analysis to published texts. This should be an invaluable opportunity to reflect on this taken-for-granted but rarely discussed concept in language teaching.
Organization: Hamamatsu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hamamatsu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Hamamatsu, ZAZA City Bldg. Palette, 5th floor, Meeting Room A
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hamamatsu JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 053-460-7956
Mobile phone: 090-9891-4844