Phonics and Kids
Date: Saturday, September 17th, 2005 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Mark Kulek and Mike Stockwell
Mark Kulek, Gifu Kids English School and Mike Stockwell, Via English School will demonstrate how they use phonics to teach and give confidence to young learners. The concept behind phonics is that by teaching students the various sounds of English letters, students can better put these sounds together to form words. The advantage of this over simply teaching the alphabet is that once students have mastered the main sounds, they can then read more and more English words and will have better pronunciation. Some of the components we will explore are notebook writing (step-by-step spelling), dictations (listening), reading, and games. Come see how two seasoned professionals, Mark and Mike, have done this over the years to guide their students into reading for fun and communicating in English.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 700 yen
Venue: Heartful Square (southeast section of Gifu JR Station), Gifu City, Gifu-ken
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: