Teaching Practical English at Elementary School
Date: Saturday, September 17th, 2005 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Atsuko Ohara
There will be two parts to this presentation. The first will be an overview of the syllabi and overall approach of English at Tezukayama Elementary School. Some comparison will be made between teaching English in private and public schools.
The second part will be a quasi-workshop of how to teach all four skills in an integrated approach. Writing, phonetics, and oral communication are important parts of a comprehensive program. Although some theory will be presented, the bulk of the session will concern practical methods and activities.
Organization: Nara Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nara JALT)
Venue: Tezukayama University Gakuenmae Campus (JALT2004 Conference Site) Facing South Exit of Gakuenmae Station on the Kintetsu Nara Line
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nara JALT
Email QR Code: