Language in NeuroLinguistic Programming (NLP)
Date: Sunday, September 25th, 2005 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Charles Adamson
NeuroLinguistic Programming (NLP) is the art and science of personal excellence. In this presentation, which will be superb preparation for a two-day workshop JALT/TALE will sponsor in February 2006, we will work with language, one of the keys to personal excellence. After a brief discussion of representational systems, the ways we process information, we will consider the Meta Model. In this model, distortion, deletion, and generalization (DDG) cause the differences between the meaning of the language and the specifics of the non-linguistic thoughts (deep structure) behind the words. You will learn and then practice a series of 12 questions that seek to reverse DDG. Finally, Meta Model based activities that you can use in your classroom will be considered.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 Yen
Venue: Sendai Sensai Fukkou Kinenkan (War Memorial Hall)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: