Leaning from SEL-Hi
Date: Saturday, September 17th, 2005 Time: 3:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Speaker: Jun Sekiguchi (Osaka Jyogakuin Senior High School) and Hirokazu Nakai (Osaka Jyogakuin College)
SEL-Hi is an acronym for Super English Language in High Schools. Some Japanese high schools have been designated as experimental schools by Japan's Ministry of Education, Science and Technology in order to cultivate Japanese people who are able to use English as a means of communication. Osaka Jyogakuin Senior High School (OJSH) is one of them. For the September meeting, Kobe JALT invites an OJSH English teacher to discuss SEL-Hi. The key words for his presentation are global perspective, identity and problem-solving. The strategy to develop the skills for these three is to teach debate in English.
Kobe JALT also invites a professor who used to be the principal of a senior high school that has been designated as SEL-Hi. He will speak on the SEL-Hi program as a whole, not from the position of an advisor for a certain designated high school.
Please note that pre-registration is necessary for today's event. Please contact Yukio Hirayanagi at email@example.com.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA (2-7-15 Kano-cho, Chuo-ku, Kobe. tel: 078-241-7204)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: