Tokyo British Council:
Workshop for Elementary School Teachers
Date: Friday, September 30th, 2005 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Hamish Buchan
If you look at modern textbooks for children you will probably find that they are split into different topics e.g. Unit 1: My Family; Unit 2: Clothes. Introducing language and activities through topics helps children link the new knowledge with what they already know about the topic. In this session we will look at how we can make the best use of topics and plan out a series of lessons around a topic. Participants will get to think about and try out activities related to the topic of numbers and will then get the opportunity to work in small groups to plan lessons around a given topic.
Organization: The British Council Tokyo Centre (Tokyo British Council)
Venue: British Council Tokyo Centre, Kagurazaka 1-2, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Tel: (03) 3235-8031, Nearest Station: Kagurazaka (Tozai Subway Line)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tokyo British Council
Email QR Code: