Osaka British Council:
Date: Sunday, September 18th, 2005 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Shelagh Rixon (University of Warwick)
In association with Kanda University of International Studies: Centre for Language Services. Activities that engage children's interest and attention come in many different varieties. Some simply involve fun and play, but some are more powerful and effective because they engage children in deeper ways. These activities appeal to their curiosity or aesthetic sense or are a challenge to their abilities to solve problems. Child-Friendly activities serve a double purpose: they keep the children interested and motivated and they also serve as the vehicle for substantial English language practice and use. The children may not be aware that these attractive activities are benefiting them, but the teacher certainly should be aware of this, and be able to collect and design activities that instruct as well as delight. Ms. Rixon will work through a variety of examples that have proved successful as a vehicle for language learning in many EYL contexts. Admission is free. Please book in advance as places are limited. Tel: 03-3235-8031 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization: The British Council Teacher Training Seminars (Osaka British Council)
Venue: British Council Osaka, Dojima Avanza 4F, 1-6-20, Dojima, Kita-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka 530-0003
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka British Council
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 06-6342-5301