Tokyo PC Users Group:
Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) and Web-based Course Management
Date: Thursday, January 12th, 2006 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Kevin Ryan, Showa Women's University
Kevin Ryan, Associate Professor in the English department at Showa Women's University will give a quick but broad-ranging look at the types of technology he uses to teach languages. We will briefly look at Class Management Systems (CMS) using Moodle, Language Courseware using Dynamic English, web-based sites and reference materials that are helpful as well as life-like simulations (Fašade and Second Life). A very brief look at technology helpful for learning Japanese finishes up the night. We will be using the Classroom Response System (CRS) Beyond Question adapted from an Audience Response System (ARS) to keep everyone on their toes.
Organization: Tokyo PC Users Group
Cost: TPC Members: free
Venue: Tokyo Union Church (basement) Omote Sando (Harajuku)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tokyo PC Users Group
Email QR Code: