Multiple Pathways to Multiple Intelligences in the EFL Classroom
Date: Sunday, September 10th, 2006 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Maggie Lieb
This presentation will provide an overview of Howard Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences, and how it can be specifically applied to the EFL classroom. Since little research exists on the implementation of Multiple Intelligences Theory in the EFL classroom, the presenter's goal is to de-mystify Multiple Intelligences Theory and to demonstrate to participants that many of the classroom techniques they currently use cater to a variety of intelligence types. The presentation aims not only to reinforce, but to add to Multiple Intelligences practices already in use in EFL classrooms.
Organization: Himeji Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Himeji JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Hanakita Shimin Hiroba (located directly across from Nozato Station, Bantan Line; free parking) Bantan Line train leaves Himeji Station at 13:46
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Himeji JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0792-92-8808