Authoring your own autonomy by learning from change
Date: Sunday, September 24th, 2006 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Stacey Vye, JALT LD-SIG Co-Coordinator, Meikai University
The development of teacher and learner autonomy in language learning is often the consequence of critical moments of change. Participants will be invited to explore self-reflection techniques by recalling and retelling memories of autonomy-inviting experiences that would be suitable for young learners up to adults. The result of the explorations from the workshop and practical samples of classroom use should provide resources that participants can use in the near future.
Organization: Chiba Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Chiba JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: SATY Bunka Hall, Room 2 (4th Floor), 1 min. walk from Inage Station east exit on JR Sobu Line. map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.