Interactive Writing for Senior High School and College Creative Writing Classes
Date: Sunday, September 10th, 2006 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Takashi Miura
This presentation aims at tackling two obstacles that stand in the way of teaching writing communicatively: the lack of audience and the lack of community. One of the obstacles is lack of the real audience. In a writing class, it is considered very important for students to have a clear image of the intended audience. However, no matter how we pretend, the real audience in a writing class is the teacher - not a very ideal audience for students. The other obstacle is lack of learners' community. Because of these two obstacles, writing classes can often be boring for students, and simply tedious for teachers. How can we turn the isolated relationship into a writing community, and how can we let students write to real audience (their classmates) in a meaningful context? The presenter is going to propose an answer to these questions based on his college writing classes, together with copies of students' works in various activities.
Organization: Toyohashi Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Toyohashi JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Aichi University, Bldg 5, room 543
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Toyohashi JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-88-2658
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0532-46-6299