Two Topics: Student Resistance, followed by Putting Reading and Listening Online
Date: Sunday, September 24th, 2006 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Keiko Sakui (Kobe's Shoin Women's University) and Gordon Luster (Language Education and Research Network, Inc.)
First, Dr. Sakui will lead a workshop in which participants discuss their experiences of student resistance to 2nd language learning. Research-proven recommendations will be given. Next, Dr. Luster will explain his web project, which is being designed to give students access to English at understandable levels wherever they may be, through a computer website, a cellphone site, or podcasts.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: International Conference Center, Peace Park (3rd Floor Seminar Room)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: