The TKT and How it can Improve Your ESL Career
Date: Sunday, September 10th, 2006 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Matthew Reynolds, Director of Studies, English-Please!
Do you know the difference between scanning and skimming? Demonstrative adjectives and demonstrative pronouns? Diphthongs and monophthongs? Do your staff? How does familiarity with ESL terminology and practice help us do our jobs better on a daily basis? The TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test) is an inexpensive, efficient way for you and your coworkers to produce more professional lessons and work together better.
In this presentation and workshop, we'll be doing a few light-hearted quizzes to find out what you do and don't know about ESL, and talk a bit about how a new test from Cambridge ESOL, which is coming to Nara from this fall, can help you fill in the gaps! If you are interested in learning more about entry-level, low-cost ESL training, come check out this workshop. For more details or directions to the site, please contact Nara Publicity Chair, Steven Nishida, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organization: Nara Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nara JALT)
Venue: Tezukayama University Gakuenmae Campus (JALT2004 Conference Site), facing South Exit of Gakuenmae Station on the Kintetsu Nara Line
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nara JALT
Email QR Code: