Assisting Learners: One ALT's Experience
Date: Saturday, September 30th, 2006 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Mike Plugh
Being an ALT means different things for different people. With few standardized guidelines about how an ALT is to be used, schools are left to build relationships with their new foreign staff on their own. For this reason, the range of ALT experiences is vast and varied. In his presentation, Mike Plugh hopes to shed light on some of these experiences and the things he has learned about the feelings on both sides of the team-teaching system. Plugh's main focus, however, will be on his own experience teaching at a SelHi, or Super English Language High School. Some of the important points that will be covered are:
1. How he got here.
2. He's not an English teacher...
3. What value does he bring, contrasted with the JTE's lessons?
4. Differences in teaching English Course and Regular Course students.
5. Where does he draw his teaching resources from?
6. His thoughts on the future of the JET Programme.
Organization: Akita Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Akita JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen for one-day members, 500 yen for students
Venue: Room B103 at AIU (Akita International University)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Akita JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 0184-22-1562
Phone (work): 0184-22-1562