Using Stories with Younger Learners
Date: Sunday, February 25th, 2007 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:45 PM
Speaker: Trevor Ralph and Kazue Taniguchi
Kids love stories! Stories are imaginative, colorful, interesting, and provide teachers a chance to engage and interact with their classes on many levels. This seminar is aimed at childrenfs teachers who are thinking of including more stories into their classroom. The presenters will discuss the benefits of storytelling in the EFL classroom, give different examples of stories and story-based activities, and discuss ways of implementing these at various stages of a lesson. There will also be time for attendees to practice the methods discussed in this seminar, which will be given in both English and Japanese.
Trevor Ralph runs Ez Communications, an English school in Kiri, Matsumoto. Ez Comm's focus for its younger learners is through storybooks and songs.
Kazue Taniguchi is a staff member at Ez Communications who is actively involved in promoting storytelling as a means for social development in children.
Note: An earlier-scheduled event for Shinshu JALT Chapter was cancelled, and was then replaced with the event described here.
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Nan-nan Hiroba, Meeting Room 1, near Minami Matsumoto Station
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: