Beyond Intuition: Getting Started in Action Research
Date: Sunday, November 18th, 2001 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Anne Burns, Macquarie University in Australia
Interested in action research but not sure what it is? Uncertain about how to start an action research cycle? Want to know more about techniques for data collection? In this workshop, we will discuss some of the characteristics and processes of action research, and how it is different from other types of research in language education. We will also explore how you can get started in action research, either alone or with others. We will focus particularly on the early stages of doing action research which are often considered the most challenging: deciding on a focus, mapping out steps in the process, and selecting techniques for data collection. You are encouraged to bring along any teaching issues, questions or problems you have been thinking about for discussion at the workshop.
This event is part of the Four Corners Tours 2001, which are opportunities for JALT National Conference speakers to visit local JALT chapters throughout the country.
Organization: Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gunma JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Maebashi Institute of Technology (Maebashi Koka Daigaku)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gunma JALT
Email QR Code: