Using a Student Newspaper to Promote Communication
Date: Sunday, July 22nd, 2007 Time: 4:00 PM - 4:50 PM
Speaker: Jason Williams and Chris Creighton
This presentation will demonstrate how to set-up an English-language newspaper for students in order to increase inter and intra-class English communication. Contributions come from students and involve minimal editing and formatting. The newspaper can be used as material for class discussion, a showcase for class projects, an outlet for student self-expression and a medium for near peer role modeling.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sankaku A Bldg. 2F near Omotecho in Okayama City
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: